With summer comes summer heat, summer bugs, summer exercise and summer vacations. Here are 5 summer tips to keep your summer fun and healthy!
1) Drink BEFORE dehydration. It takes longer to rehydrate when your body is already showing signs of dehydration. Dizziness, nausea and even changes in mood can be related to dehydration. Good rule, drink 10 glasses of water per day when it is warm outside and one glass per 30 minutes of exercise indoors, one glass per 20 minutes of exercise outdoors.
2) Flies a problem? Try Eucalyptus and/or Lemon Eucalyptus Oils. One remedy I like is to use 2 cups vinegar and 25 drops of eucalyptus lemon oil put in a bowl. Some also add 2 cups skin so soft (an Avon product). Realize as well that flies like food so keeping things closed when outside will help as well.
3) Safe Sunblocks - Did you know that most sunblocks have harsh chemicals that can cause cancer and other illnesses. From neurotoxins to methylparabens, it;s challenging to know which one's are safe for your skin and your children's skin. To find sunblocks that are safer for you and your family, see the cosmetics database.
4) Healthy Vacations - With digestive disorders and allergies on the rise, foreign travel can leave some running for the bathroom or emergency room.
Some things to think about when traveling to foreign lands:
5) Best time to exercise outdoors. Keep outdoor exercise to early morning to escape the heat and dehydration. Being healthy never means hurting yourself in the process. While many people like to run at lunch-time at work, that is the hottest time of the day and not a good time to exercise outdoors. Best to exercise in a gym with air-conditioning at that time of day if possible or keep your runs to walking and watch for signs of dehydration (see #1).
Wishing you a happy and healthy summer!!!
Since 1990, Jenifer has been working with individuals and businesses, empowering them in manifesting their goals and connecting to their deeper, intuitive selves/souls. As a coach, consultant, and holistic practitioner/healer, Jenifer provides her clients with an integrative approach to change and empower utilizing proven holistic methods, professional coaching practices, and solid business acumen to provide a powerful platform for transformation. As a healer, Jenifer assists individuals in releasing physical maladies and regaining their optimum physical, mental and spiritual health.
2000 | Jenifer Shapiro and The Empowerment Centre, LLC
All Rights Reserved. No reproduction of ANY type without written authorization.